José Pedro Dias
in the interwebs
I'm a passionate computer programmer.
My interests span from user interface design to graphics programming and game development.
I've worked with several computer languages.
Made my MsD in C++ and OpenSG on multimodal interfaces for large screen displays;
Dealt with integration with JSEE, JBoss and Tibco;
done some computer vision and real time 3D with OpenCV and OpenGL;
made some serious webscrapping and web apps with Python and managed a web store in ColdFusion (argh).
trying to keep myself sane in the process.
Must of course master its related techologies such as HTML(5), CSS(3), IE and mobile quirks and other tools of the trade.
I'm using node.js for most server-side developments.
some books I recommend
- Carl Sagan - Contact
- Robert Ludlum - The Bourne Trilogy
- Paul Graham - Hackers and Painters
- (READING) Miran Lipovača - Learn you a Haskell for Great Good!
some notable people I follow
- Bret Victor (@worrydream)
- Brian Leroux (@brianleroux)
- Brian McKenna (@puffnfresh)
- Chris Done (@christopherdone)
- Douglas Crockford
- Dmitry Baranovskiy (@DmitryBaranovsk)
- Glenn Fiedler (@gafferongames)
- James Halliday (@substack)
- John Carmack (@id_aa_carmack)
- Jordan Mechner (@jmechner)
- Max Ogden (@maxogden)
- Nicholas Zakas (@slicknet)
- Paul Graham
- Paul Rouget (@paulrouget)
- Remy Sharp (@rem)
- Ricardo Cabello (@mrdoob)
- Seb Lee-Delisle (@seb_ly)
- TJ Holowaychuk (@tjholowaychuk)
tools of the trade
eclipse emacs sublimetext2 (getting my feet wet with textadept too)
- linter: jshint
- minifier: uglifyjs
- plugins: sublimelinter with a constrained set of options
- tests: qunit for unit tests and webdriver for workflow tests
photoshop gimp (bitmap), corel draw inkscape (vector), (...) blender 3D
- music: 8tracks, spotify